Is Horror your RomCom?? Me too.
You're not gonna find the classics on this list because they are assumed. So don't get pissy and say "What about The Shining?" This is a list of horror gems you may not have seen...
Ps - I'm always on the lookout for a movie that will make you run faster up the basement stairs so please fwd your favs.
A Cocktail of Fears: Zombies, Vampires, Werewolves, Ghosts, Sharks, STDs and Religion.
- Black Death – Yes Sean Bean is in another movie with swords and chain mail however, this movie is way more of a horror movie set in medieval times…and forget what you know, there are no good guys in this one.
- Dead Snow – The Nazis were frustrating enough. Now imagine Nazi zombies. Great flick.
- Drag Me To Hell – Ya know you try to get ahead at work until some lady with a cloudy eye walks in and ruins everything.
- Ginger Snapped – Yes teenage girls are a pain in the ass…but you gotta feel for the ones that become werewolves.
- House of the Devil – An homage to 70s/early 80s horror…remember when you’d just pick up the phone and babysit for a random stranger? Not anymore. Nope. Nope. Nope.
- Let The Right One In – No one is gonna mess with you when a vampire has got your back. ..and read the GD subtitles because the original is way better.
- Thanatomorphose –Your sex life really takes the hit when you start rotting from the inside. Way better than Contracted. Similar premise. Better acting…and way more mason jars :/
- The Changling – No not the one with Angelina Jolie. The one with George C. Scott. He moves in a house that no one would. Not you. Not me. Not anyone.
- The Descent – A solid “You just had to go down there didn’t you…” movie.
- The Reef- It will make you grateful to be sitting on your couch instead of trying to out swim a hungry shark in the middle of the Great Barrier Reef. Based on a true story. For anyone that loves sharkporn.
- Trollhunter – Not really that scary. Just an awesome troll movie that will make you spontaneously say "TROLLLLL" around strangers.
- We Are What We Are – Religion and familial guilt will make you do some f*cked up sh*t.
- Don’t Be Afraid Of The Dark – The CGI kinda sucks but the ending might surprise you and it will make you very grateful for your teeth.
Totally Worth The Mental Scars:
- Audition – I watched this because Rob Zombie said it scared him….and if it can scare Rob Zombie then…
- Coldfish – It’s a slippery slope in the fish biz….loosely based on a true story. Phenomenal acting. VIVA DEN DEN.
- Funny Games – I saw the remake with Naomi Watts & Tim Roth…It’s slow but intense.. if nothing else it will make you spring for better cell service the next time you’re on vaca in a remote area.
- Human Centipede – I never thought I’d see this movie. Never wanted to. Then I did and I actually liked it. Dieter Laser is a perfect villain and dare I say, I thought it was tastefully done. Pardon the pun :/
- Mientras Duermes – Give it up to a stalker willing to go the extra mile! More of a psychological thriller but creepy enough to leave you seriously second guessing your doorman.
Blood and LoLs:
- Slither – When you find someone infested with alien worms… you have to walk away. Got it? Walk. Away.
- Teeth – Be careful what you wish for because that super hot virgin could have sharp teeth in her vagina.
- The Host – Pollution sucks. Especially when it creates a mutant fish that kidnaps your little sister.
- Tucker and Dale vs Evil. – The Darwin Awards on crack.
And if you read my list and rolled your eyes than check this list.